The Craftsmen at Balance Works
Your pieces are built by creative, expert artisans who are skilled in the finest Old World woodcrafting traditions. How does this impact you, our client? It means that a single craftsman will take charge of your wood project from beginning to end. Each new project is scrutinized and planned so that only the appropriate techniques are incorporated into its creation. That same pride and quality will accompany your project throughout its construction. You will be impressed by the craftsman’s adherence to quality!
Each of the craftsmen at Balance Works has a different area of interest or expertise. From urns and jewelry boxes to benches and bartops, Balance Works offers a wide variety of woodcrafting services. Underlying each project is a single common thread: Quality! Balance Works strives to exemplify proper woodworking in every component of each woodcrafting project..
Another way to describe the craftsmen of Balance Works is to disclose the list of things not tolerated in this woodcrafting shop: No Particle board. No Pressboard. No staple-guns. No nail-guns. No press-on fasteners. No lead-based topcoats (or any coats). No laminates.
As craftsmen who infuse their great pride, energy and spirit into each unit that we build for you, here are a few personal notes about our Balance-Works craftsmen.
“I believe in offering superb craftsmanship at an affordable price – without compromising on quality. I want to build custom wood pieces for people to enjoy forever.”
- Dovetail, both “through” and “half-blind”
- Mortise & Tenon
- Finger joints
- Box joints
- Lap joints
- Bridal joints
- Miter joints
INLAYED WOOD DESIGNS
- Using contrasting wood species to create new designs and patterns.
- Indoor furniture using an array of top quality hardwoods and natural finishes
- Custom wooden accents for new or existing homes
- Bar and restaurant wood furniture and fixtures – new or replacement
- Outoor hardwood furniture and complementary outdoor wood pieces made from Brazilian Ipe wood
- Wooden display cases
REPLICATION OF EXISTING DESIGNS
- Molding Reproduction – to match wood molding to an existing molding.
- Reproduction of an old bar top or a unique, original piece of furniture.
- Replicating millwork of any style.